Live, from New York, it’s Saturday Night!!February 20, 2011
And …. this has nothing to do with the t.v. show.
But I’m in New York! Sitting in a hotel easy chair, blogging. Wishing my feet were in a hot tub. Because they’re sore.
Sad things about first day in New York/First day of vacation:
- My daughters bicker too much;
- It’s fucking cold outside, with a windchill of fucking cold -minus- even more fucking cold
- We chose a restaurant that sat us near a doorway where the fucking cold continued to harass us
- My younger daughter developed a phobia of heights that left her hysterical at the thought of going to the top of the Empire State Building.
Happy things about first day in New York/First day of vacation:
- The train is pretty relaxing and doesn’t freak out my younger daughter who has a phobia of planes (yes, the child clearly has Issues);
- Even though they bicker too much, my daughters are also capable of having fun together
- Even though WD and I froze in the path of the fucking cold wind IN the restaurant, the girls were out of the path, and loved our crazy singing waiters and waitresses.
- Lemon and I had a great time at the top of the Empire State BUilding, and WD and Mouse seemed to enjoy a prolonged Starbucks sit.
- I got a new camera, and I love. To wit: